- MB-1403 Oval Pitcher
- FN-001 White
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing or NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- DSS-0109 Large Birds
- Palette Knife
- 2" Foam Roller
- Small Star Paper Punch
- 3/4" Tape
- Paper Towel
- Green Scotch Scrubbing Pad
- Download: Pattern
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin S-2101 Crystal Clear with water (3:1). Pour thinned mixture to the inside, turning to coat interior. Pour out excess to drain, keeping inverted until dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 2 coats of FN-001 White to the outside of the pitcher.
- With scissors, cut out the pattern of the eagle.
- Wet the paper eagle or the glaze on the pitcher with water. Stick the eagle to the pitcher, pat with a paper towel to remove the excess water, sealing the paper "mask" pattern to the pitcher.
- Mark a pencil line about 5" from the bottom of the pitcher in a few spaces around the shape. Draw a line to connect.
- Tape the edge under the line.
- Punch out stars for the star area of the flag motif, and the handle.
- Wet the paper stars with water then stick to the area above the tape line. Keep in rows to mimic a flag.
- Use the 2" foam roller and roll 2 coats of SC-12 Moody Blue to the star area. Roll in different directions for a worm, rustic look.
- Remove the paper stars.
- Tape the white stripes with 3/4 inch tape.
- Roll over the striped area in the same manner with SC-74 Hot Tamale. 2 coats.
- Remove the tape and the paper eagle.
- On a palette, with a palette knife, thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium to the consistency of peanut butter. Place the eagle screen from DSS-0109 Large Birds in the eagle space on the pitcher. Rub the thickened mixture over the screen, remove and wash gently.
- When the blue and red glaze is dry, sand the hard edges with a green scotch pad or something abrasive for a rustic appearance.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing to the exterior of the pitcher. OR Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- Fire to cone 05/06.