- Last Updated: Thursday, 22 March 2012 20:03
Striping with Stoneware glazes.
- CD-1127 - Round Pot
- SW-100 Blue Surf
- SW-106 Alabaster
- SW-119 - Cinnabar
- AC-219 - Designer Bottle with Writer Tip
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Stoneware Casting Slip
- Cast the CD-1127 Round Pot with Stoneware casting slip.
- Remove the ware from the mold. Allow to dry.
- Clean the stoneware greenware by carefully removing the seam lines using a clean-up tool.
- Bisque fire the piece to shelf cone 04.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using the AC-219 Designer Bottle slip trailer, squeeze SW-106 Alabaster and SW-100 Blue Surf onto the shoulder of the piece in a striped pattern. Allow to dry.
- Dip the entire piece into SD-119 Cinnabar. Do 2 dipped coats. Allow to dry in between each coat.
- With a damp sponge clean the glaze off the bottom of the piece, (dry-foot).
- Fire to shelf cone 6 (mid-range).