- Last Updated: Tuesday, 25 November 2014 20:43
Learn how to blend Stroke & Coat® colors to create a realistic-looking tree frog.
- MB-645 - 12" Frog Wall Climber
- SC-6 - Sunkissed
- SC-8 - Just Froggy
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-27 - Sour Apple
- SC-28 - Blue Isle
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- SC-75 - Orange-A-Peel
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-404 - #4 Pointed Round
- CB-408 - #8 Pointed Round
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- RB-104 - #4 Reflections Liner
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Start with the hands and feet. Using a CB-604 soft fan, apply three coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale. Add SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to brush and blend outward onto arms.
- Add SC-28 Blue Isle to brush, blending with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel. Apply to lower arms and belly, bringing color to top of arms, then adding SC-8 Just Froggy to brush. Use CB-408 pointed round to apply paint around eye and between webbed feet.
- Begin adding SC-27 Sour Apple to SC-8 Just Froggy on frog's back. Using CB-604 soft fan, apply SC-6 Sunkissed to center of back, overlapping where colors change to blend.
- Using CB-404 pointed round, mix SC-74 Hot Tamale and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to paint eyes. Using RB-104 short liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo for the pupil.
- Using a AC-222 Medium Writer Tip, scribble small open spots on back with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Apply S-2101 Crystal Clear Brsuhing to the piece.
- Properly fire to shelf cone 06.