- Last Updated: Tuesday, 30 June 2020 15:57
- MB-1498 Faceted Tree - 10"
- SC-6 Sunkissed (1oz)
- SC-9 Jaded (1oz)
- SC-16 Cotton Tail (1oz)
- SC-31 The Blues (1oz)
- SC-95 Pinkie Swear (1oz)
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
Designer: Elizabeth Carey
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
You will be using 5 colors: #1 = SC-16 Cotton Tail, #2 = SC-6 Sunkissed, #3 = SC-95 Pinkie Swear, #4 = SC-9 Jaded, #5 = SC-31 The Blues.
Use the pencil to label each branch with the color that will be used. Start at the top row and label, “1, 2, 3” from left to right. Go down to the second row and label “4, 5, 1” right under the first row. Keep working down the tree, going from 1 to 5. Then turn the tree around and repeat. Number the trunk with 4 & 5, alternating.
- Using the Script Liner with each of the 5 colors, apply 2 coats to each of the corresponding branches. Allow glaze to dry between coats. Allow the glaze to dry before moving onto the next step.
- Using the same brush with SC-16 Cotton Tail, make random, large sized shapes on tree branches. Skip the branches glazed with SC-16 Cotton Tail. Once they are dry, apply a 2nd coat.
- Using the same brush with SC-6 Sunkissed, make random, large sized shapes on the tree branches. Skip the branches glazed with SC-6 Sunkissed. You can overlap a few with the shapes from Step #4. Once they are dry, apply a 2nd coat.
- Using the same brush with SC-95 Pinkie Swear, make random, medium sized shapes on the tree branches. Skip the branches glazed with SC-95 Pinkie Swear. You can overlap a few with the shapes from Steps #4 & #5. Once they are dry, apply a 2nd coat.
- Using the same brush with SC-9 Jaded, make random, small sized shapes on the tree branches. Try to overlap them in areas of overlapping. Skip the branches glazed with SC-9 Jaded. Once they are dry, apply a 2nd coat.
- Using the handle of the brush with SC-31 The Blues, make random dots in clusters around areas that have overlapping. On branches glazed with SC-31 The Blues, you can add them over the other shapes.
- Dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping glaze.
- Fire to cone 06.