- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 16:55
MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-12 Moody Blue
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-20 Cashew Later
- SC-22 Carrot Top
- SC-24 Dandelion
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0157 Under the Sea Silkscreen
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- Palette Knife
- Permanent marker
- Disposable Cup
- Liquid Dish Soap
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover the top of the Clipboard, where the clip will be glued.
3. On the DSS-0157 Under the Sea screen, locate the mermaid, octopus and tree fish. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with excess screen around the edges.
4. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
5. Place the screens in their corresponding locations on the Clipboard. Refer to image. Screen one at a time. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
6. Mix the bubble solution. Add 1 TBS water, 1 TBS SC-12 Moody Blue and 2 drops of liquid dish soap to the disposable cup. Mix with the staw. Use the straw to blow bubbles in the cup. As the bubbles extend out of the cup, scrape them off with the palette knife and place them on the background of the Clipboard. Do this until the background is covered in bubbles. Avoid the screened areas.
7. Using the Script Liner and Detail Liner with SC-24 Dandelion, apply two coats of glaze to upper portion of the mermaid's hair. Use the same brushes with SC-22 Carrot Top, to apply two coats of glaze to the lower portion of the mermaid's hair. Make sure to blend the two colors in the center to achieve an ombre look.
8. Using the Detail Liner and SC-20 Cashew Later, apply two coats to the upper body of the mermaid. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner and SC-11 Blue Yonder, apply two coats to the mermaid's tail and top. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
10. Using the Detail Liner and SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, apply two coats to the octopus. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
11. Using the Detail Liner and SC-27 Sour Apple, apply two coats to fish on the left. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
12. Using the Detail Liner and SC-26 Green Thumb, apply two coats to the back half of the middle fish. Using the same brush with SC-27 Sour Apple, apply two coats to the front half of the middle fish. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
13. Using the Detail Liner and SC-36 Irish Luck, apply two coats to the stripes on the fish on the right. Using the same brush with SC-22 Carrot Top, apply two coats to the body of the fish on the right.
14. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
15. Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
16. Fire to cone 06.
17. After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE