- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 16:56
MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SG-402 White
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- ST-132 Diamond Plate Stamp
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- Sponge on a stick
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover the top of the Clipboard, where the clip will be glued.
3. Place the stamp horizontally on the top of the Clipboard. Use a pencil to draw a line across the bottom of the stamp. Repeat at the bottom of the Clipboard, making the line across the top of the stamp.
4. Using the Soft Fan and SC-60 Silver Lining, apply two coats of glaze to the top and bottom sections of the Clipboard. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
5. Squeeze around a tablespoon of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Take the ST-132 Diamond Plate Stamp and place it design-side up. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge the stamp. Take the stamp and gently press onto the top section of the Clipboard. Slowly pull the stamp off to avoid smearing. Repeat on the bottom section of the Clipboard.
6. Trace the pattern in the center of the Clipboard.
7. Using a combination of the Script Liner and Detail Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale apply two coats to the body and tires of the truck. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
8. Using the Detail Liner and SC-35 Gray Hare, apply two coats to the dark gray accents on the truck. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
9. Using the Detail Liner and SC-60 Silver Lining, apply two coats to the light gray accents on the truck. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
10. Using the Detail Liner and SC-6 Sunkissed, apply two coats of glaze to the lights on the truck. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
11. Using the Detail Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, apply two coats of glaze to the windows and tires. Allow glaze to dry between coats. Using the same brush, outline the truck.
12. Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
13. Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
14. Fire to cone 06.
15. After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE