- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 16:56
MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- MT-013 Honeycomb Mat
- AC-230 Clay Carbon Paper
- DSS-0101 Woodland Animals
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- Pattern: Download
- Permanent Marker
- Palette knife
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover the top of the Clipboard, where the clip will be glued.
- Using the Soft Fan and SC-55 Yella Bout It, apply two coats of the glaze to the front of the clipboard. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Squeeze around a tablespoon of SC-97 Cant-elope onto the plate. Take the MT-013 Honeycomb Mat and place it design-side up. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge the mat. Take the mat and gently press onto the Clipboard. Slowly pull the mat off to avoid smearing.
- On the DSS-0101 Woodland Animals screen, locate the bear. Draw an outline around it in permanent marker. Cut it out with excess screen around the edges.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistence of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
- Place the bear in the lower right corner of the Clipboard. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed Silkscreen Medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing.
- Using the carbon paper and pattern, trace the bees above the bear.
- Using the Detail Liner and SC-6 Sunkissed, apply two coats of glaze to the bodies of the bees. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
- Using the Detail Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, apply one coat of glaze to the stripes in the bees. Next, outline the bees.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
- Fire to cone 06.
- After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE