- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 16:57
MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-35 Gray Hare
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- SG-701 Star Dust
- SG-702 Celebration
- SG-402 White Designer Liner
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 10/0 Detail Liner
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- MT-011 Diamond Plate Mat
- Pattern: Download
- Fine Sandpaper
- Carbon Paper
- Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Take MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover the top of the Clipboard, where the clip will be glued.
- Cut a circle out of paper with a 4" diameter. Trace with the pencil in the center of the Clipboard.
- Using the Soft Fan and SC-60 Silver Lining, apply two coats of glaze around the circle.
- Squeeze around a tablespoon of SC-35 Gray Hare on the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab the bottom of the sponge into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate. Sponge over the area glazed with SC-60 Silver Lining.
- Tape the paper circle over the circle that was previously traced.
- Take the MT-011 Diamond Plate Mat and lightly sand it with fine sand paper. This will create enough texture to prevent beading-up of the glaze. Rinse with water and dry.
- Remove the circle from the center of the Clipboard. Take the carbon paper and trace the monster pattern in the center of the circle.
- Using the Detail Liner and Script Liner with SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue, apply two coats to the body.
- Using the Detail Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, apply two coats to the mouth and pupils of the eyes.
- Using SC-45 My Blue Heaven, squeeze around 2 tablespoons on the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab the bottom of the sponge into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate. Take the sponge and lightly dab around the inside edge of the circle.
- Using the Script Liner and SG-701 Star Dust, apply one coat to the areas of the background that were glazed with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Using the Script Liner and SC-702 Celebration, apply one coat to the body of the monster.
- Using the Detail Liner and SC-15 Tuxedo, outline the circle.
- Using SG-402 White Designer Liner, make one dot in the pupil of each eye.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
- Fire to cone 06.
- After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE