- Last Updated: Monday, 18 March 2019 16:58
MB-1461 Clay Clipboard
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SG-401 Black
- SG-402 White
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0155 Comic Expressions
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- MC-001 6mm Low Track Masking Tape
- MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape
- Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Take the MC-002 12mm Low Track Masking Tape and cover where the clip will be glued.
- Take the MC-001 6mm Low Track Masking Tape and place to make boxes on the Clipboard. Refer to the image of the Dragon Clipboard.
- Take the DSS-0155 Comic Expressions screen and locate "POW", "SLAT", "OMG", "Yoink" and the bomb. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with the excess screen around the edges.
- Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with the palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more Silkscreen Medium or glaze.
- Place the screens in their corresponding locations. Refer to the image of the Dragon Clipboard. Screen one at a time. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of the premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Gently pull the screen off to avoid smearing.
- Using the Script Liner and Fan Brush, apply two coats of glaze to the squares that were not screened. Refer to the image of the Dragon Clipboard. Use SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-11 Blue Yonder, and SC-27 Sour Apple.
- For the square with "POW", use the Script Liner and SC-13 Grapel to apply one coat on the background. Use the Detail Liner with SC-11 Blue Yonder for the lettering. Use the same brush with SC-6 Sunkissed for the inner burst and SC-74 Hot Tamale for the outer burst.
- For the square with "SPLAT", use the Script Liner and SC-11 Blue Yonder to apply one coat to the background. Use the Detail Liner with SC-6 Sunkissed to fill in the lettering. Use the same brush with SC-27 Sour Apple for the dripping goo.
- For the square with "OMG", use the Script Liner and SC-6 Sunkissed to apply one coat to the background. Use the Detail Liner with SC-74 Hot Tamale to fill in the lettering.
- For the square with the bomb, use the script Liner and SC-74 Hot Tamale to apply one coat to the background. Use the Detail Liner with SC-6 Sunkissed for the flame.
- For the square with "YOINK", use the script Liner and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to apply one coat to the background. Use the Detail Liner with SC-27 Sour Apple for the lettering.
- Using SG-401 Black, make decorative dots in the upper green and lower yellow squares.
- Using SG-402 White, make decorative lines in the upper orange and lower blue squares.
- Repeat steps 8-12. Each square should have a total of two coats of glaze. Before the glaze is completely dry, remove the 6mm tape.
- Using the Soft Fan, apply one coat of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
- Pull off the 12mm tape at the top of the Clipboard.
- Fire to cone 06.
- After the Clipboard has cooled, use epoxy to glue on the clip following the directions or refer to 'Clipboard - Attaching the clip' video on the Mayco YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E3Qb6SQrWE