- Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 February 2017 15:47
- 6" tile
- UG-22 Spring Green
- UG-50 Jet Black
- UG-51 China White
- UG-204 Orange
- UG-216 Peach
- UG-218 Pear Green
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Plastic Card (old loyalty card or hotel room key)
- Hamper Netting
- Pattern: Download
2. Cut out the cactus pattern and trace the outline with pencil onto the tile.
3. Use the Script Liner to apply one coat of UG-51 China White to the cactus, going just beyond the pencil lines.
4. Re-wet the China White by brushing with water, then place the paper cut out onto the wet surface. Use a paper towel to remove excess water, smooth our any wrinkles and ensure the edges are sealed.
5. Pour some UG-216 Peach, UG-51 China White and UG-218 Pear onto a tile. Pick up these colors with the card. Holding the almost flat against the bisque, drag the colors onto the tile. The colors will blend as it is applied. Apply two coats to achieve the desired color.
7. Remove the paper cactus.
8. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of UG-2118 Pear to the cactus, shading with UG-22 Spring Green.
9. Use the Liner to apply two coats of UG-216 Peach to the flowers.
10. To apply the pattern on the background, sponge UG-204 Orange onto hamper netting and press onto the tile. Keep the netting off of the cactus.
11. Outline and detail the cactus with UG-50 Jet Black and the CB-110 Liner.
12. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze to the cactus.
13. Fire to 04.
14. To seal the unglazed color, use a stone sealer.