- Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 February 2017 15:48
- 6" tile
- UG-46 Bright Yellow,
- UG-50 Jet Black
- UG-51 China White
- UG-97 Bright Blue
- UG-204 Orange
- UG-207 Flame Red
- UG-219 Marine Blue
- S-2101 Clear
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Plastic card (old loyalty card or hotel room key)
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Cut out the pattern of the snake. Trace around the snake onto a tile.
3. Apply one coat of UG-51 China White over the snake pattern, going past the edges.
4. Wet the snake area with water, then place the paper snake on the wet surface. Press down gently with a paper towel to remove excess water and to ensure the edges are sealed.
5. With the plastic card pick up UG-51 China White then add some UG-46 Bright Yellow and UG-219 Marine Blue. Drag the color down the tile and over the paper snake, holding the card almost flat to apply the color.. Repeat for a second application.
6. Remove the paper snake.
7. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of UG-51 Bright Blue over the snake. Use the Liner to apply UG-204 Orange for the stripes.
8. Use the Soft Fan to apply two coats of S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze.
9. Fire to cone 04.