- Last Updated: Wednesday, 15 February 2017 17:51
- 6" tile
- UG-22 Spring Green
- UG-31 Chocolate
- UG-50 Black
- UG-51 China White
- UG-58 Harvest Gold
- UG-97 Bright Blue
- UG-203 Squash Yellow
- UG-210 Forest Green
- UG-218 Pear
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- SL-455 Tire Tracks
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- Hamper Netting
- Plastic Card (old loyalty card or hotel room key)
- Pattern: Download
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Cut out the pattern of the pineapple. Use the Soft Fan to apply one coat of UG-51 China White to the space where you want the pineapple. Re-wet the China White by brushing with water, then place the paper cut out onto the wet surface. Use a paper towel to remove excess water, smooth our any wrinkles and ensure the edges are sealed.
3. Pour some of UG-97 Bright Blue, UG-218 Pear Green and UG-51 China White onto a palette.
4. Using the plastic card, pick up two of the colors on the tile. Holding the card almost flat against the bisque, drag the colors onto the tile. Continue with all of the colors, placing the Pear Green to one side of the tile. This will take a couple of passes with the color to get the desired background.
5. Sponge UG-50 Jet Black to the hamper netting, then stamp to one side of the pineapple.
6. Remove the paper pineapple.
7. Use the Script Liner to apply two coats of UG-203 Squash Yellow to the pineapple. Shade with UG-58 Harvest Gold.
8. Use both greens, UG-22 Spring Green and UG-210 Forest Green for the leaves.
9. Place the SL-455 Tire Tracks Stencil over the body of the pineapple and sponge lightly with UG-31 Chocolate.
10. Use the Liner to outline the pineapple and leaves with UG-50 Jet Black.
11. Apply two coats of S-2101 Clear to the pineapple and leaves only.
12. Fire to cone 04.