- Last Updated: Thursday, 16 June 2016 18:36
Are you seeing spots yet?
- MB-1303 Envelope Vase
- SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
- SC-93 Honedew List
- CG-977 Ink Spots
- SC-401 Designer Liner
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place a small amount of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing Glaze into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about 3 parts glaze and 1 part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge and wipe down inside the vase just past the neck of the vase. Allow to dry.
- With a pencil and a ruler sketch on ¾” stripes creating a chevron pattern.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the lower stripe and inside the neck of the vase.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-93 Honey Dew List to the upper stripe. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of CG-977 Ink Spots to the area above and below the stripes. Keep the crystal from the outlines of the stripes. Allow to dry.
- Using SG-401 Designer Liner, outline the stripes.
- Using a CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of S-2101 Crystal Clear Bushing to the stripes going over the edge of the outline. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.