- Last Updated: Thursday, 16 June 2016 18:30
- SB-114 8" Vase
- SW-118 Sea Salt
- SW-254 Yellow Opal
- SW-255 Gray Opal
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Slightly thin SW-254 Yellow Opal with water (3:1). Pour thinned SW-254 Yellow Opal mixture inside the vase. Rotate vase to coat interior and drain excess.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply SW-254 Yellow Opal to the rim and two inches from the rim two coats.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-118 Sea Salt, overlapping the Yellow Opal by one inch, to the bottom of the vase. Recede the second coat of SW-118 Sea Salt one inch from the bottom. Be sure to stir the glaze as the crystals may consolidate to the bottom.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of SW-255 Gray Opal overtop the SW-118 Sea Salt.
- Be sure to clean the bottom of the vase clean of any glaze.
- Fire to witness cone 6.