- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2013 14:44
Explore and expand color usage with fun handprint clown. Maybe provide a little bit more expression in the clown's eyes? I'm just sayin' . . .
- MB-102 Coupe Dinner Plate
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-27 Sour Apple
- SC-36 Irish Luck
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 Cara-bein Blue
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponges
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, paint hand with one good coat of SC-27 Sour Apple and place handprint in the center of the plate.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-75 Orange-A-Peel to the top of the palm where the fingers meet. This is for the hair.
- Then apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale in a large spot to the cener of the palm for a nose and a curled sausage shape for the mouth.
- Apply a spot of SC-27 Sour Apple for the knot in the bow tie at the base of the palm.
- Apply 3 coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue in 2 triangle shapes at the bottom of the palm for a bow tie.
- Apply 2 wiggly coats of SC-36 Irish Luck, SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-76 Cara-bein Blue around the fingers in alternate colors for the balloon strings.
- Using the above colors and SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-27 Sour Apply, apply 2 coats in splashes on the edge of the plate for balloons.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply SC-15 Tuxedo to all the strings of the balloons, crosses for eyes, line in the mouth, and 2 small v shapes in the bow tie.
- Allow to dry.
- Apply Clear Glaze of Choice (optional). Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.