MB-1352 6” x 6” Clay Canvas
- FN-001 White
- SC-1 Pink-A-Boo (optional)
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven (optional)
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue (optional)
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- SL-438 Snowflakes Stencil
- X-ACTO Knife
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the Soft Fan with FN-001 White, apply two coats to the front and sides of the canvas. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
3. Place the SL-438 Snowflakes Stencil on the canvas.
4. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-11 Blue Yonder onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab it into the glaze. Blot off any excess onto the bare portion of the plate, then sponge over the stencil. Repeat until the design is complete. Slowly lift the stencil to avoid smearing. Allow it to dry completely.
5. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the bottom of the child’s foot. Repeat until it is covered. Press the foot onto the canvas. Slowly lift the foot off to avoid smearing. Allow the footprint to dry completely.
6. Using a pencil, sketch where the white of the belly will be located. Sketch on a hat and/or scarf. Using the X-ACTO knife, scrape off the portions of the footprint that will be beneath the belly and the hat and/or scarf. This will prevent black from showing through.
7. Using the Script Liner with SC-16 Cotton Tail, apply two coats to the belly of the penguin. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
8. Using the Script Liner with SC-16 Cotton Tail and SC-1 Pink-A-Boo, or SC-45 My Blue Heaven and SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue apply two coats to the hat and/or scarf. You can also use other color variations.
9. Using a pencil, draw the face of the penguin. Write the child’s name and the date.
10. Using the Detail Liner with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply two coats to the beak. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
11. Using the Detail Line with SC-15 Tuxedo, outline the hat and/or scarf, face and the lettering.
12. Fire to cone 06.