- Last Updated: Wednesday, 21 December 2016 20:55
- MB-1429 Whale Plate - Large
- FN-004 Red
- FN-044 Yellow-Orange
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-33, Fruit of the Vine
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-202 Detail Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner
- AC-213 Sponge on a Stick
1. Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Mositen a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-044 Yellow-Orange to the top of the plate.
3. Once dry, use an AC-213 Spong on a stick to apply 2-3 layers of SC-16 Cotton Tail to create the windows. The sponge is the perfect size for the sub windows!
4. Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale around the windows and add 1 coat to the details around the rim.
5. Apply fingerprints in the windows using SC-26 Green Thumb, SC-33 Fruit of the Vine, and SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue. Be sure to pat excess glaze off the childs fingers so that you get a good print.
6. Using a CB-202 #2 Detail Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail to the whales eye. Add 1 coat of SC-76 Cara-Bein Blue to create the iris.
7. Using a CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the sub details, the whales mouth, the eye, and the dots around the rim of the plate.
8. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of FN-004 Red to the back of the plate.
9. Let dry completely.
10. Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.