- Last Updated: Friday, 25 May 2012 16:45
Add fun verbiage here.
- MB-100 - add bisque
- SC-1 - Add colors - hit return to add a new line
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- Designer: Designer's Name
- Skill Level: Place skill level here
- Time: Place time here
- Begin with a cone 6 clay body vase that is either greenware or that has been soft fired to shelf cone 04.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CR-201 Dark Blue Engobe to the outside of the vase and to the inside of the neck. Do not apply any color to the bottom of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Using 1/2" Masking Tape, tape of the center section of the vase.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of CR-203 White Engobe to the taped-off section.
- As soon as the CR-203 White Engobe has dried to the touch, pencil on the pattern. Using a BT-905 Scratch & Dust tool, carve out the outline and some detail in the center of the leaves. Brush off any loose Engobe.
- Place some S-2101 Natural Clear into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Be careful not to get any glaze on the outside of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Fire to shelf cone 6.
CR-202 Light Blue Engobe and CR-204 Black Engobe
CR-204 Black Engobe and CR-203 White Engobe
CR-204 Black Engobe with Lace