- Last Updated: Friday, 13 April 2012 19:06
Create this one-of-a-kind oblong bowl out of clay, press tools and stamps.
- CD-1076 - Oval Tray
- EL-103 - Sea Spray
- SC-76 - Cara-bein Blue
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- CD-1078 - Design Press Tools
- ST-352 - Jumbalaya
- Moist Clay
- Rolling Pin
- 1/4" Wooden Slats
- Fettling Knife
- Slip/Clay Slurry
- Sand Bag
- Small Board
- With a rolling pin on canvas, roll out a piece of moist clay ¼" thick between wooden slats.
- Lay the ST-352 Jumbalaya Stamp face down on the clay. Cover the stamp with a flat stiff object such as a small board and press hard on the board. This process will leave a good impression of the stamp in the clay. Make six rows of the stamped design.
- Slump clay into the CD-1076 Oval Tray slump shape. Use a small sandbag to shape the clay into the form.
- Trim off the excess clay with a fettling knife.
- Roll small clay balls. Stamp with the star tool from CD-1078 Press Tools then slip/clay slurry attach to the edge of the dish. Allow to thoroughly dry.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Thin SC-76 Cara-bein Blue with some water. Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply glaze to every other band of stamped detail. Wipe off excess with a damp sponge to antique. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2-3 even coats of EL-103 Sea Spray to the entire piece.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.