- Last Updated: Friday, 13 April 2012 17:50
Clever and useful.
- CD-1146 - Large Gourd
- FN-008 - Brown
- FN-013 - Light Yellow
- SC-5 - Tiger Tail
- SC-34 - Down to Earth
- SC-52 - Toad-ily Green
- AC-213 - Sponge on a Stick - 1¼"Diameter
- BT-910 - Synthetic Sponges
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- CD-1078 - Design Press Tools
- ST-367 - Leafy Border
- SL-IP1 - Earthenware Slip
- Paper Towels
- Exacto Knife
- Small Plastic Cup
- Moist Clay
- Earthenware Clay
- Cast the CD-1146 Large Gourd on the heavier side. After removing from the mold, draw a pencil line at the top of the gourd for the opening of the pitcher, cut out with an Exacto knife.
- Plug the cast hole at the bottom with a piece of clay.
- Roll two fat coils, twist one into a handle shape and let dry leather hard before attaching to the side of the pitcher.
- Take the other coil and shape into a ring, press with a tool from CD-1078 Design Press Tools set. Score then slip attach to the bottom of the pitcher. Allow to dry throughly.
- Bisque fire to shelf cone 04.
- Place some FN-008 Brown into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it. It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the pitcher and roll around to completely coat the interior of the pitcher. Drain out the excess glaze and keep pitcher inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of FN-008 Brown to the handle and bottom ring.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-013 Light Yellow to the body of the pitcher.
- Brush sporadically with SC-52 Toad-ily Green and SC-5 Tiger Tail, filling in with the FN-013 Light Yellow. Allow to dry.
- Using the AC-213 Sponge on a Stick load the sponge with SC-34 Down to Earth. Tap the SC-34 Down to Earth onto the ST-367 Leafy Border Stamp then press the stamp gently onto the pitcher filling up the space. Continue stamping around the piece. Allow to dry.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush on 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the handle and the bottom ring, skipping the brush over the detail. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.