- Last Updated: Friday, 26 April 2019 18:56
- FN-219 Lustre Green
- SC-8 Just Froggy
- SC-26 Green Thumb
- SC-78 Lime Light
- SC-93 Honeydew List
- S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- MT-007 Divots Mat
- MT-008 Spiral Mat
- MT-012 Ikat Mat
- Low Fire Moist Clay
- Rolling Pin
- Needle Tool
- Pony Roller
- 1/2" Wooden Dowel Rod
2. Select one of the listed mats. Lay the mat on top of the 8"x10" slab of clay and press into the clay using either a pony roller or your hand.
3. Peel the mat off of the clay by pulling up both sides simultaneously instead of one side at a time. This process will ensure full detail and keep the mat impression flawless.
4. Using the needle tool trace around the tree template and then cut the tree out of the 8"x10" slab of clay.
5. Use the pony roller to thin out the edges of the clay creating a beveled edge. Use the damp sponge to smooth out the clay.
6. Turn the cut out tree over with the front side facing down. Place the 1/2" dowel rod in the middle lower section of the tree.
8. Center the "pocket" on the back of the tree and mark where it will be attached. Cut the pocket to size if needed.
9. Score the edges of the pocket and the tree where it will attach. Add a small amount of water to the score marks, creating a slip which acts like a glue. Attach the pocket and compress and smooth seam lines with a sponge.
10. Add a small slab circle of clay to the top of the pocket to cap it off. Compress and seal.
11. Cover with plastic and allow to dry slowly, otherwise the slabs with warp as they dry.
12. Fire to 04.
Glazing the Trees:
13. The MT-008 Spiral tree and the MT-007 Divots tree are glazed with three coats of FN-219 Luster Green applied with CB-604 Soft Fan.
14. The MT-012 Ikat Mat tree starting at the top of brush SC-93 Honeydew List with CB-604 Soft Fan. All colors will be over lapped to seamlessly blend the next section. Now add SC-78 Lime Light into the next section followed by SC-26 Green Thumb. The darkest area at the bottom is glazed with with SC-8 Just Froggy. Using the same brush apply two thinned coats to give it a transparent look.
15. Brush with one coat of S-2101 Clear or dip in NT-CLR The Clear One.
16. Stilt and fire to cone 06.