Standard 105 White Earthenware Clay
- UG-50 Jet Black
- EL-133 Autumn
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Found Leaves
- Rolling Pin / Slab Roller
Slump Mold / Shallow Bowl
- Roll out a slab about ¼”-1/2” thick.
- Place found leaves onto the slab and gently press down with your hand. Once they are secure, roll your rolling pin across them to get an even texture transfer.
- Lay into a slump mold or shallow bow to form. I put 2 in at a time, overlapping the bottoms and slipping and scoring to attach them. Shift each pair of leaves as you build up the bow and attach to those under it.
- Let set up briefly until it can hold form on its own
- Attach a coil for the foot.
- Loosely cover with plastic and allow to slow dry.
- Once completely dry, fire to shelf cone 04.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque, moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Apply 1 coat of UG-50 Jet Black to the entire piece and let dry. Use a moist sponge to wipe away the glaze, leaving some behind in the textures.
- Apply 2-3 coats of EL-133 Autumn to the entire piece.
- Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06/05.