- Last Updated: Tuesday, 04 April 2017 16:34
- Clay Magic Mold #3860 Droogie Dragonfly
- Clay Magic Mold #3861 Droogie Leg Base
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-13 Grapel
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-43 Lettuce Alone,
- SC-45 My Blue Heaven
- SC-53 Purple Haze
- SC-55 Yella Bout It
- SC-76 Cara-bein Blue,
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- SC-202 #2 Detail
- Circle Template
- 1/4" Paper Punch
- 3/4" Paper Punch
- 1/2" Low Tack Tape
- White Gold (overglaze)
Designer: Marcia Roullard
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Brush two coats of SC-45 My Blue Heaven in patches on the wings, also, SC-43 Lettuce Alone, and SC-16 Cotton Tail, punch out 3/4" dots, and 1/4" dots with a paper punch. Wet the dot, (or the glaze), stick the dots to the various colors on the wings, both top and bottom wings.
- Brush the wings with three coats of SC-53 Purple Haze with CB-604 Soft Fan.
- Brush the body top and the tail with two coats of SC-43 Lettuce Alone with CB-604 Soft Fan.
- While the body section is drying, brush two coats of SC-55 Yella Bout It to the front section of the head, and SC-16 Cotton Tail to the back section of the head, (only about an inch area at the front of the face, and the back of the head). Punch out 1/4" dots from a paper punch, stick to the Yella Bout It and the Cotton Tail.
- Once the tail and body is dry, tape with 9 pieces of 1/2" tape in a stripe pattern.
- Now that all the design areas are resisted with paper or tape, brush the top head area with SC-43 Lettuce Alone, add SC-11 Blue Yonder to the tip of the CB-106 Script Liner, and the lower secion of the brush with SC-43 Lettuce Alone to fade the color from green to blue at the bottom secton of the top head area. Apply 2-3 coats, Remove the paper dots after the last coat of glaze.
- Brush the lower head with 2-3 coats of SC-11 Blue yonder, add a SC-13 Grapel fade to the top section of the lower head, remove the paper dots.
- The body and the tail: brush SC-11 Blue Yonder to the sides of body, fade to SC-13 Grapel to the center back extending into the tail. Brush the remainder of the body and legs with three coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder, with 3 coats of SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the feet. Remove the tape.
- Use a 1 5/8" circle template to mark the iris of the eye, brush the eyes with SC-16 Cotton Tail, slightly overlap the pencil line. Brush two coats of SC-11 BLue Yonder to the iris in a circular direction, float SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the edges of the iris. When dry, use the 1" circle template to pencil in the pupil. Brush two coats of S-15 Tuxedo to the pupil. Dot the pupil with SC-16 Cotton Tail for the highlight.
- Use CB-110 Liner to outline all the sections of the body, and eyes with SC-15 Tuxedo.
- Dip in Clear glaze.
- Stilt and fire to cone 05/06.
- Brush liquid White Gold to all the rivets on the body with CB-202 Detail, clean the brush in gold essence.
- Stilt and fire to cone 018. If you want to use a glaze instead, use SC-35 Gray Hare or SC-15 Tuxedo.