- Last Updated: Monday, 13 April 2015 20:49
- Low Fire Clay
- SC-30 Blue Dawn, SC-15 Tuxedo, SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-52 Toadily Green, SC-16 Cotton Tail, SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, FN-006 Blue
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner, AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick
- Rolling Pin, Ruler, Bevel Cutting Tool, Needle Tool, 1/4" Wooden Slats, Buttons, Glue
- Download: Pattern
- Roll out clay 1/4" inch thick, use a rolling pin, placing the clay between the 1/4" slats of wood for uniform thickness.
- Let the clay rest for about an hour to become somewhat firm.
- Use the pattern and a ruler to cut out the shapes from the clay, use a needle tool or an exacto knife.
- Use a bevel tool to bevel the sides of all the pieces, or use an exacto knife to bevel.
- Attach the longer pieces together, scoring the edges and brushing with slip made from the same clay body.
- Measure the inside of the bottom of the piece, cut a piece of clay from the scraps, fit with slip to the inside to make a bottom.
- Attach the short pieces together in the same manner as the long pieces. Attach with slip the tall piece to the short pieces for a base.
- Roll a small coil, slip attach to the top and to the space between the body and the base of the vase. Pinch the coil flat at the base.
- Cover with Plastic to slow the drying.
- Fire to 04 when dry.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, brush the vase with 2 coats of SC-16 Cotton Tail. Using AC-213 Lg. Sponge on a Stick, sponge on SC-30 Blue Dawn for the clouds.
- Trace around the buttons for the centers of the flowers. Brush the centers with 2 coats of SC-6 Sunkissed using CB-106 #6 Script Liner.
- Pencil in the petals, stems and leaves around the center. Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, brush the petals with 1 coat of SC-16 Cotton Tail, to block out the sky. Brush the petals with 2 coats of SC-89 Cutie Pie Coral, using CB-110 #10/0 Mini Liner.
- Brush the stems and leaves with 2 coats of SC-52 Toadily Green using CB-106 #6 Script Liner.
- Use CB-110 Liner to add a thin outline of SC-15 Tuxedo around the petals, stems, and leaves.
- Thin slightly FN-006 Blue with water (3:1). Pour to the inside, roll to coat interior and pour out excess, inverting to drain excess glaze.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2-3 coats of S-2101 Clear to the exterior of the vase.
- Fire to cone 05/06.
- Glue the buttons to the centers of the flowers.