- Last Updated: Tuesday, 21 June 2016 19:21
- Low Fire White Clay
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-46 Rawhide
- SC-60 Silver Lining
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-91 Seabreeze
- SG-302 White Cobblestone
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- CB-602 #2 Soft Fan
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Canvas Board
- Silicon Rib
- Soda Can
- Rolling Pin
- 2 - 1/4" Wood Slats
- Needle Tool
- Texture Tool
- On a canvas board, using a rolling pin, roll out clay between 2, 1/4 inch wood slats.
- Wrap a coke can with paper, to prevent the clay from sticking.
- With a needle tool, cut out a 5" by 10" piece of clay.
- Wrap the clay around the coke can, overlap the ends of the clay. Cut through both pieces of clay with a needle tool, remove the excess clay from the cut. Score the ends and attach together with slip or water.
- Using a rib tool, create lines on the exterior of the cylinder.
- Trace a heart shape on the cylinder with a dull pencil. Smooth out detail lines from the rib tool inside of the heart. Score initials into the heart with a dull pencil.
- Remove the coke can and paper.
- Place the cylinder shape onto a 1/4" slab clay. Score and wet the bottom of the cylinder to stick to the clay, finger press together.
- Roll a coil, wide on one end for the branch. Score and add a small amount of water to attach the branch to the side of the cylinder. Make a little bird from clay and attach to the limb.
- Let dry, slowly.
- Fire to shelf cone 04.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-91 Seabreeze to the interior.
- Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-60 Silver Lining to the exterior, excluding the bird.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-46 Rawhide to the inside of the heart.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to the bird.
- Using CB-106 #6 Script Liner, float SC-15 Tuxedo into the detail from the rib, the outline of the heart, and letters in the heart. Apply under the bird to appear as a "shadow" for the bird.
- Slightly thin SC-15 Tuxedo with water (3:1). Using CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, drip the thinned glze to the inside of the tree.
- Using CB-602 #2 Soft Fan, apply two coats of SG-302 White Cobblestone to the outside of the tree in varied sections to give the look of peeling bark.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06/05.