- Last Updated: Monday, 02 February 2015 19:18
- Hand-built Clay form
- SC-2 Melon-Choly
- SC-16 Cotton Tail
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- BT-910 Synthetic Sponge
- CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Rolling Pin/Slab Roller
Construction of form:
- Roll out a 1/4" thick slab of clay.
- Cut the shape of a heart out of the slab. Cut out an identical heart out of the same slab, as you will need two heart-shaped slabs.
- Create a heart shape out of balled newspaper. Be sure to make this heart smaller than the slab hearts.
- Sandwich the newspaper between the two heart slabs.
- Pinch the two slabs together along the outter edge of the heart. One side will be flat.
- Be sure to leave fingerprints in the ruffled edging. To make more ruffles, use your finger and pull up when pinching.
- On the flat side, create a hole for hanging.
- Allow to dry flat.
- Fire to cone 04 for bisque.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 3 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-16 Cotton Tail, or SC-2 Melon-Choly to the heart.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.