- DT-661 - 6" Unglazed Tile
- UG-204 - Orange
- UG-50 - Jet Black
- UG-203 - Squash Yellow
- UG-206 Fire Engine Red
- S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing
- CB-106 - #6 Script Liner
- CB-110 - #10/0 Liner
- CB-604 - #4 Soft Fan
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of UG-50 Jet Black to the top of the tile. Allow to dry.
- Sketch three circles on the tile with two going off the sides of the tile, this is the basic shape of the flower. Also, sketch in the center of each flower.
- Place some of each of the following colors on a palette: UG-203 Squash Yellow, UG-204 Orange and UG-206 Fire Engine Red.
- Work on all flowers at the same time. Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, load the brush with UG-206 Fire Engine Red and press the outer row of petals on the red flower. Apply a second coat.
- Next row of petals is UG-204 Orange tipped with UG-206 Fire Engine Red. Continue to the center which will be more UG-206 Fire Engine Red. Alternate colors on the brush to keep all the rows different. Apply 2 coats on all petals.
- The next two flowers are UG-204 Orange tipped with UG-206 Fire Engine Red followed by UG-203 Squash Yellow with UG-204 Orange.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, detail the petals with UG-50 Jet Black. Allow to dry.
- Cut strips of plain paper different widths. Wet the paper strips and place on the tile to create stripes.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze to the top of the tile. Remove the paper strips before the last coat of the S-2101 Crystal Clear Brushing glaze dries. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.