- MB-1298 - Flat Vase
- FN-001 - White
- FN-009 - Black
- SC-15 - Tuxedo
- SC-74 - Hot Tamale
- AC-222 - Medium Writer Tip
- CB-110 #10/0 Liner
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- CB-106 #6 Script Liner
- Coaster Doily
- Plain Paper
- 1” Paper Punch
- ½” Paper Punch
- Bamboo Skewer
- Small Cup
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Place some FN-009 Black into a small cup and add a little bit of water to slightly dilute it (about ⅔ parts glaze and ⅓ part water). It should be the consistency of a coffee cream. Pour this into the vase and roll around to completely coat the interior of the vase. Drain out the excess glaze and keep vase inverted until it has lost its shine. Wipe off any glaze from the outside using a damp sponge. Allow to dry.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-001 White to the outside of the vase. Allow to dry.
- Punch out 10 - 1” paper dots and 15 – ½” paper dots. Cut out the center of the coaster doily and cut out 2 – 3 ½” circles.
- Place the 2 –3 ½” on the vase and trace around them. Lightly trace around the coaster doily. Refer to the photo for placement.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-74 Hot Tamale to 8 – 1” and 1 –1/2” dots. Use a bamboo Skewer to help hold down the dot while painting. Allow to dry between coats.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to 1 - 1” dot and 13–1/2” dots. Use a bamboo skewer to help hold down the dot while painting. Allow to dry between coats. Also apply 2 coats of SC-15 Tuxedo to the back of the coaster doily. Allow the glaze to lose its shine before applying.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, wet the red area with water and place the 1” red dots around the inner edge of the circle and place the ½” dot in the center. Tweezers can help with holding the dots.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, wet the red area with water and place one of the 3 ½” circles over the red dots to mask the area. Blot with a paper towel to absorb any excess water.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-001 White to the doily area. Place the doily in the wet glaze, wait then press in place and then blot with a paper towel.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, wet the black dot area with water and place the ½’” black dots around the inner edge of the circle and place the1” dot in the center. Tweezers can help with holding the dots.
- Using a RB-144 #4 Soft Fan, apply 1 coat of FN-001 White over the doily. Allow to dry.
- Carefully remove the doily and paper dots after completely dry.
- Touch up all of the red or black dots with a extra coat of color.
- Pencil in all detail and trace 11 - 1” circles around the outside edge of the black dot area.
- Using the AC-222 Medium Writer Tip on top of the 2 oz SC-15 Tuxedo bottle, add some of the detail around the black dot circle.
- Using a CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply the detail on the red circle with SC-74 Hot Tamale. Allow to dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 05/06.