- Last Updated: Thursday, 26 June 2014 18:09
Sparkling Sandstones are a non-toxic, water based, textured, acrylic paste. When dry, the texture feels like a fine sandpaper and its appearance contains a subtle glitter effect. Sparkling Sandstones can be used on ceramic bisque, wood, plaster, Styrofoam, resin, concrete, picture frames, boxes, flower pots, vases, wicker and terra cotta. The addition of these textured colors can give any plain surface a stone-like texture.
- 4 oz wide-mouth jar
Sparkling Sandstones Palette
- For best results use a stiff Fan Brush for over-all coverage.
- Two light coats are better than one heavy coat, as the color can streak when over brushed. A second coat will disperse the granules to the areas where they may appear thinner.
- When using the fan brush to apply the color, apply in a crosshatch application (short crisscross strokes), reloading the brush often to distribute the color evenly.
- Sealing of the Sparkling Sandstones is optional. Either matte or gloss spray sealer can be used. However, spray sealing is highly recommended for items that are to be used outdoors.
- Use AC-525 Brush Cleaner and warm water to clean brushes.
- Sparkling Sandstones will loose their “sparkling” character when covered with an opaque color.
- CSS-21 Gold Stone can be tinted with Softees to create additional colors.
Product Label Directions
Stir thoroughly. Apply to craft surface. Apply 1 coat with fan brush. Let dry. Apply a second coat at a 90° angle from the first coat. Use sealer for added durability. Clean up with water. Do not spray apply without proper personal protective equipment.