- Last Updated: Monday, 05 February 2018 14:54
- CD-1127 Round Pot
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-55 Yella bout It
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-97 Cant-elope
- SC-25 Crackerjack Brown
- SC-75 Orange A Peel
- FN-018 Bright Blue
- S-2101 Clear
- DSS-147 Island
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- CB-604 Soft Fan
- CB-106 Script Liner
- CB-110 Liner
- Palette Knife
- food coloring
1. Begin with a properly fired shelf cone 04 Bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove dust.
2. Mix AC-310 Silkscreen medium with S-2101 Clear, add food coloring to enhance the color, use a palette knife to mix to a consistency of peanut butter.
3. Use the Tiki Mask screen from DSS-147 Island, screen the mask on four sides of the pot, with the shiny side down rub the mixture over the screen, continue with the same screen for all four masks.
4. Brush the entire mask with two coats of SC-55 Yella bout It, shade inside the edges with SC-25 Crackerjack Broun, use CB-106 Script Liner.
5. Brush the remainder of the pot with two coats of SC-97 Cant-elope use CB-604 Soft Fan.
6. Work in sections to apply the raffia the glaze must be wet to apply. Brush in sections, SC-97 Cant-elope to the pot, lay in the strands of raffia, press so they lay flat, continue to fill in the cantelope areas.
7. Brush over the Cant-elope with one coat of SC-75 Orange a Peel, pull off the raffia.
8. Re-screen using the tinted clear over the spaces glazed with SC-55 Yella bout It, brush the nose, brows and eyes with two coats of SC-11 Blue Yonder, mouth with SC-73 Candy Apple Red, use SC-73 Candy Apple Red and SC-97 Cant-elope in the design work on the mask.
9. Thicken SC-15 Tuxedo with AC-310 Silkscreen Medium using a palette knife till it is as thick as peanut butter. Lay the mask screen over the painted image, match up all the design work, rub the thickened Tuxedo over the screen. Repeat for all four of the masks.
10. Thin FN-018 Bright Blue slightly, pour to the inside of the pot, roll to coat, pour out the excess, drain.
11. Brush one coat of clear over the outside of the pot with CB-604 Soft Fan.
12. Fire to cone 05/06.