- Last Updated: Tuesday, 23 April 2019 17:26
MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-75 Orange-A-Peel
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze or S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- Toilet Paper or cardboard tube
- Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
2. Using the scissors, make cuts on one end of the toilet paper tube. They should be around 1/4 inch thick and 1 1/4 inches long. When making the last cut, continue to the end of the toilet paper tube. Push the roll flat and fold up all of the pieces that were cut. Pull off two pieces from the center.
3. Squeeze about a tablespoon of SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel on to the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab both glazes. Sponge onto the stamp until it is completely covered in glaze. Stamp down the center of the plate to look like butterfly wings. Repeat for the other side of the butterfly.
4. Use the pencil to draw the body of the butterfly.
5. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, apply two coats to the body of the butterfly. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
6. On the DSS-0113 Bugs screen, locate the butterflies. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut it out with the excess screen around the edges.
7. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more silkscreen medium or glaze.
8. Place the butterfly on the plate. While holding it firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing. Repeat while the screen is still wet for additional butterflies.
9. Using the Detail Liner with SC-6 Sunkissed and SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply one coat to the butterflies that were screened.
10. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, make decorative swirls coming from some of the butterflies to make it look like they are moving.
11. Using the Soft Fan with SC-75 Orange-A-Peel, apply two coats to the back of the plate. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
12. Using the Soft Fan with S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze, apply two coats to the plate. Allow glaze to dry between coats. Or dip with NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
13. Fire to cone 06.