MB-101 Coupe Salad Plate
- SC-6 Sunkissed
- SC-15 Tuxedo
- SC-74 Hot Tamale
- SC-81 Cinnamon Stix
- NT-CLR Clear Dipping or NT-BR Clear Brushing Glaze
- AC-310 Silkscreen Medium
- DSS-0113 Bugs
- RB-144 #4 Soft Fan
- RB-106 #6 Script Liner
- RB-110 #10/0 Detail Liner
- Toilet Paper Tube or cardboard tube
- Palette Knife
- Permanent Marker
1. Begin with properly fired cone 04 bisque. Moisten a sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
2. Using the scissors, make cuts on one end of the paper toilet paper roll. They should be around 1/4 inch thick and 1 1/4 inches long. When making the last cut, continue to the end of the toilet paper roll. Push the roll flat and fold up all of the pieces that were cut.
3. Squeeze about a tablespoon of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the stamp until it is lightly covered in glaze. Let the stamp dry completely.
4. Squeeze about a tablespoon of SC-74 Hot Tamale onto the plate. Take the sponge on a stick and gently dab into the glaze. Sponge onto the stamp until it is completely covered in glaze. Stamp down the center of the plate to look like centipede legs. Reapply glaze as needed.
5. Using the Script Liner with SC-81 Cinnamon Stix, apply large dots of glaze going down the center of the centipede. This will be the body.
6. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, make two lines coming from the back and front of the centipede.
7. On the DSS-0113 Bugs screen, locate the ants. Draw an outline around them in permanent marker. Cut them out with excess screen around the edges.
8. Squeeze about two tablespoons of SC-15 Tuxedo onto the plate. Add a pinch of AC-310 Silkscreen Medium. Mix with a palette knife until it becomes the consistency of peanut butter. You may need to add more silkscreen medium or glaze.
9. Place the ants on the plate. While holding them firmly in place, take a small amount of premixed silkscreen medium, and gently rub in circles starting in the center and working outward. Slowly pull up the screen to avoid smearing. Repeat while the screen is still wet for additional ants.
10. Using the Detail Liner with SC-15 Tuxedo, make dotted lines in front and behind the ants.
11. Using the Soft Fan with SC-6 Sunkissed, apply two coats to the back of the plate. Allow glaze to dry between coats.
12. Using the Soft Fan with S-2101 Clear Brushing Glaze or dip into NT-CLR Clear Dipping Glaze.
13. Fire to cone 06.