Stroke & Coat: SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-74 Hot Tamale, SC-15 Tuxedo
BT-910 - Synthetic Sponge
CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
- Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques, and Processes
- Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols, and Ideas
- Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- The subject matter that will be used to inspire design should have been thoroughly discussed during previous classes.
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 tiles. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe the tile to remove any dust.
- Using a CB-604 #4 Soft fan, apply 1 coat of FN-00 White to the tile. Let dry.
- Dispense various Stroke & Coat® colors onto a palette (in this project we used SC-6 Sunkissed, SC-27 Sour Apple, SC-11 Blue Yonder, SC-75 Orange-A-Peel and SC-74 Hot Tamale).
- Using a Palette Knife (or similar tool), apply the colors as if buttering toast.
- While the glazes are still wet, use a paper towel to pat and lightly blend the colors where they meet.
- Preparing the raffia: cut strips of varying thickness and lightly moisten strands of raffia in water.
- Dispense SC-15 Tuxedo onto a palette and slide a strand of raffia, back and forth, through the SC-15 Tuxedo to load color onto the raffia.
- Place the raffia onto the tile according to the design parameters chosen. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.