Stroke & Coat: SC-10 Teal Next Time, SC-76 Cara bein Blue, SC-78 Lime Light, SC-88 Tu Tu Tango
Stroke & Coat: FN-009 Black
BT-910 - Synthetic Sponge
AB-834 ¾” Base Coat, CB-110 #10/0 Liner, CB-106 #6 Script Liner, CB-604 #4 Soft Fan
Students will learn to create and use paper stencils and Stroke & Coat Accents dimensional glaze as part of their design process. While this project features an imaginary flower and a bird the lesson plan can easily be adapted to meet a variety of cross-curriculum objectives
- Understanding and Applying Media, Techniques, and Processes
- Choosing and Evaluating a Range of Subject Matter, Symbols, and Ideas
- Understanding the Visual Arts in Relation to History and Cultures
- Making Connections Between Visual Arts and Other Disciplines
- Begin with properly fired shelf cone 04 bisque. Moisten a clean sponge and wipe bisque to remove any dust.
- Create flower and bird patterns on paper & cut out patterns.
- Position the pattern on the tile, trace around the flower and the bird.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner, apply 3 coats of SC-88 Tu Tu Tango to the flower area, brush over the center and past the pencil lines.
- Cut the paper flower from the stem and the bird. After the third coat of glaze, while the glaze is still damp, brush lightly with water, then place the cut out paper flower on the glaze, press down to secure the edges from lifting.
- Using a CB-106 #6 Script Liner and a CB-604 #4 Soft Fan, apply 2 coats of FN-009 Black to the remaining area of the tile.
- While the glaze is damp, brush lightly with water, then press in the remaining paper pattern. Press with paper towel to remove excess water.
- When nearly dry, Using a AB-834 ¾” Base Coat brush to brush thin even, crosshatching stokes of SC-78 Lime Light around the bird’s body, blend in with SC-76 Cara-bein Blue to the remainder of the tile, add in some SC-10 Teal Next Time in the SC-76 Cara-bein blue area. Apply at least 3 thin coats.
- Remove the paper.
- Using CB-110 #10/0 Liner, apply2 coats of SC-10 Teal Next Time to the stems, and center.
- Dot around the center using the tip of the brush handle with FN-009 Black. Allow to dry.
- Fire to shelf cone 06.