- Last Updated: Wednesday, 22 July 2020 20:47
- Earthenware tile
- FN-009 Black
- SC-11 Blue Yonder
- SC-73 Candy Apple Red
- SC-98 Slime Time
- SG-202 White Cobblestone
- Soft Fan Brush
- Liner Brush
- Wipe off bisque with a damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Cut out desired shapes for masking out of paper and set aside.
- Be sure shapes are small enough to fit on tile with space in between.
- Apply 2 coats of black (FN-009) to your tile with a soft fan brush.
- Be sure to allow glaze to dry between coats. Brushing the second coat on in the opposite direction will help mask brush strokes.
- While second coat of glaze is wet, place cut shapes onto tile in desired design.
- Apply 2 coats of White Cobblestone (SG-202) to the tile, brushing outward over paper to ensure sharp edges.
- Remove paper shapes from tile before glaze is fully dry.
- Tint Cobblestone by adding one coat of color on top and with Slime Time (SC-98) and Blue Yonder (SC-11).
- Apply one coat of White Cobblestone (SG-202) inside the black areas revealed by removing the paper leaving a black outline around each shape.
- Tint the Cobblestone shapes by applying one coat of Candy Apple Red (SC-73) leaving the black outline around each shape .
- Allow to dry completely.
- Fire to Cone 06.